Your research is valuable, but it has to be presented to the rest of the scientific community, and be available for the public. Written, documented and reviewed communication is necessary to make your research available and useful. When you want to publish your work, you are expected to be able to write in a specific, structured language, and to be as focused and precise as possible about the story you want to tell. It is necessary to work through your material and data properly, and to identify both the main findings as well as the small details of your research.
Bearing in mind the old saying publish or perish, MDCRC team has published 4 interesting and valuable publications, though publications are not what they are targeting at, but en route to obtaining data and consolidating it for the awareness of the scientific community, publication becomes a priority. MDCRC has both national and international publications to its credit from 2008 onwards.
1. Sakthivel Murugan S.M., Arthi C., Thilothammal N. & Lakshmi B.R. Carrier detection in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy using molecular methods. Indian J Med Res 137, June 2013, pp 1102-1110.
2. Sakthivel Murugan S.M., Arthi Chandramohan & Bremadesam Raman Lakshmi. Use of multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification (MLPA) for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) gene mutation analysis. Indian J Med Res 132, September 2010, pp 303-311.
3. Stephen Abbs , Sylvie Tuffery-Giraud , Egbert Bakker, Alessandra Ferlini, Thomas Sejersen, Clemens R. Mueller. Workshop report. Best Practice Guidelines on molecular diagnostics in Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophies. Neuromuscular Disorders 20 (2010) 422–427. (Meeting Participant – Bremadesam Lakshmi, Chennai, India).
4. B.R. Lakshmi, Sakthivel Murugan. S.M. Conference Handbook. Genetics, gene testing and management in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. United Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy 1st Asian Conference – Bangalore February 28 – March 1, 2009.
5. Kesari A, Pirra LN, Bremadesam L, McIntyre O, Gordon E, Dubrovsky AL, Viswanathan V, Hoffman EP. Integrated DNA, cDNA, and protein studies in Becker Muscular Dystrophy show high exception to the reading frame rule. Hum Mutat 29, May 2008, 728-737.